Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply specifically to the Aviva Recommend a Friend programme.
You can also look at the FAQs for this programme. If you can't find an answer to your question, you can raise an enquiry with our customer support team.
- The Aviva Recommend a friend scheme is open to any existing Aviva customer, who is UK resident and over 18 ("Policyholder(s)") and only applies to recommended friends who purchase a new Aviva home, car or van policy direct from Aviva where the annual premium is over £100 and the purchaser has not been a customer with Aviva for 12 months before taking out this policy ("New Customer(s)").
- Where more than one person is named as a policyholder, any of the named persons is eligible, as an existing Aviva customer, to recommend a friend and will be eligible to receive any reward which may be due.
- In order to take part in this promotion, Policyholders must use our online Recommend a friend scheme to provide contact details for New Customers they recommend and the New Customers must obtain their new home, car or van insurance quote online via the buttons in the Recommend a friend email they receive.
- New Customers will need to complete their new home, car or van insurance quote within 30 days of receiving the Recommend a friend email. If the New Customer’s policy isn’t due for renewal when they receive this email, they will be given the option to be reminded later by email and will still be eligible for this offer. The 30 day window will then start when they click through from the ‘remind me later’ email.
- Once a New Customer quote has been completed recommended friends will have 60 days to complete their motor, or 90 days to complete their home insurance, purchase online in order to qualify for this promotion. In order for a New Customer quote and sale to be recorded under the scheme, the New Customer must have cookies enabled on their web browser.
- Policyholders and New Customers will receive one £25 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card* (“Gift Card(s)”) by email, subject to all terms and conditions being met for this promotion.
- A Policyholder can benefit from introducing up to six New Customers in a 12 month period (this is 12 months from the Policyholder’s start/renewal date). When providing us with the email address of a New Customer, Policyholders must confirm that they have the consent of the New Customer to provide their email address so that we may contact them in conjunction with this promotion.
- All New Customers will be sent an email using the contact details that have been provided to us in relation to this promotion. The Policyholder recommending the New Customer will be identified in the subject matter of the email so the New Customer can see who recommended them. We will not use any personal information for any other marketing promotions or any other purpose.
- Gift Cards will be emailed to the Policyholder and the New Customer within 28 days of the start date of the New Customer's new home, car or van insurance policy, so long as both the Policyholder and the New Customer policies are still in place and all payments are up to date. Gift Cards must be activated online by following the instructions provided in the email. The Gift Card's expiry date will be shown clearly in the email.
- The Gift Cards are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered. In the unlikely event that the Gift Cards become unavailable, a suitable substitute of equal or higher value will be supplied instead.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher, cash back or friends and family offer being run by Aviva or any of its affiliate partners, or in conjunction with any existing customer discounts or employee benefit schemes.
- Where a New Customer is recommended by more than one friend, the payment of the Gift Card will be made to the friend whose referral email the New Customer clicks on to obtain a quote from us.
- Aviva customer employees are eligible to participate in this scheme.
- A New Customer can only make one purchase per specified product in conjunction with the Recommend a friend scheme.
- Policyholders renewing their home, car or van insurance policy will not be regarded as New Customers.
- Recommendations not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be considered viable for the reward of the Gift Cards.
- Aviva reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time. However, friends recommended prior to the offer being withdrawn will still be eligible to take part.
- Aviva may decline to quote in some circumstances.
- For frequently asked questions, please click here.